Masterhead

Thank you for visiting palo-alto.gate2bay.com. Fill in the form below:

Name/Corp.:

E-mail:

Subject:

Message:

Fire official: Stanford medical school fire started in fume hood, not with an experiment

Published Wednesday March 15

A laboratory fume hood, meant to reduce exposure to uncertain substances and vapors, was likely the source of a three-alarm fire on Sat at the Stanford University School of Medicine.

Catherine Capriles, a deputy fire chief of the Palo Alto Fire Department, commented it is still not clear what burned or started the fire in the hood.

“They couldn’t find any other electrical cause or anything like that,” Capriles remarked Tuesday.

Investigators on Sat initially stated it appeared there was some sort of experiment on a warm plate that caused the fire, and the fume hood helped contain the blaze, Capriles said.

Article length: About 210 words.
Tags: Palo Alto
Read more at Mercurynews

google-468x60a

Share This Post

DeliciousDiggGoogleStumbleuponRedditTechnoratiYahooBloggerMyspaceRSS

selfad-writeart-b